Baked pork chops in a mushroom cream sauce are straight fire. One of my true comfort meals. I don’t know about you, but I grew up in a Shake N Bake family. There’s something about that salty little bag of goodness on baked pork chops smothered in mushroom sauce that really does it for your girl. It’s a super easy recipe and oh so tasty. I made this over noodles but over some garlic mashed potatoes would be equally as delicious. Enjoy!
- 4 bone-in thin to medium cut pork chops (you can use chicken too)
- Shake and Bake
- 1 ½ – 2 tbsp. flour
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 2 ½ tbsp. butter
- 7 ounces canned mushrooms
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 ½ tsp. better then bouillon beef
- 1 ½ cups hot water to dilute the bouillon
- ½ tbsp. brown gravy mix
- ½ cup cream
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ -1 Package of Egg Noodles
- Slice onion and sauté in butter. Once the onions start getting soft, add canned mushrooms. If you use fresh mushrooms, it will take a little longer to cook. Once they are nice and soft, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and mix.
- Now sprinkle flour over top and mix until incorporated.
- Let that cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat. Add in bouillon/water mix and gravy mix, stir well and let cook for another 2-3 minutes and keep stirring.
- Now add cream and mix in. Add paprika and black pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes. You want it to bubble up and thicken. Check for seasoning. It may need more paprika, salt or pepper. It should be a nice thick light brown. Take off heat, stir in parsley and serve over chops and noodles.