So apparently I have a gluten sensitivity, AWESOME! My diet is like 75% gluten. Honestly I’m not going to go gluten free but I will try swaps here and there and experiment on GF options. I tried a GF penne pasta recently and it was absolute trash. I was like what’s the point, it wasn’t even close to the same texture and it wouldn’t absorb the sauce AT ALL. I will try some other brands, maybe it was just that particular one.
So these gluten free muffins are the bomb. We honestly couldn’t tell the difference between the ones I made with regular flour and these. My husband even said he liked these better…
Hope you like them, tag me on IG @theslimmerkitchen if you make them <3
Well that’s a mouthful to say. So I had some busted looking bananas lying around and I felt bad just tossing them away. I am honestly over banana bread and every time I make it the consistency is always different. After whipping up these little guys, I don’t think I’m every going to make banana bread again. These came out awesome and took half the time to cook and are perfect individual serving sizes. I only use two bananas and a cup of unsweetened apple sauce because I like the consistency it gives. I highly recommend adding a little Kerrygold Butter or Land O’ Lakes Olive Oil and Sea Salt Butter when you eat them.
- 2 over ripped bananas/ 3 if they are small
- 4 oz. of unsweetened apple sauce
- 1-2 tbsp. sour cream or Greek yogurt room temperature (use one and see if you need two)
- 1 ½ cups instant oats
- 1 ¼ cup of gluten free flour
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg room temperature
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 1tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼- ½ cup of dried cranberries
- ½ cup instant oats
- ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Take all of your dry ingredients and add them to a bowl. I like to sift my flour so it doesn’t have lumps. Mix it all together.
- In a larger separate bowl whisk your egg, vanilla and oil.
- In another bowl mash your bananas and apple sauce and sour cream together
- Pour your dry ingredients into your egg mix and then add your banana mix. Mix that together, if you think it’s too dry add a little more sour cream. Lastly mix in your chocolate chips.
- Now for the crumble, in a separate heat proof bowl microwave your butter till melted (30 seconds or so). Add your brown sugar, oats and pumpkin pie spice to the melted butter and mix.
- Spray your muffin tin with some baking no stick spray and evenly distribute the batter into the muffin tins. It should make 12. I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop it. Then I sprinkle the crumble on top and bake for 20 minutes. I always check with a toothpick to see if they are ready. If you stick it in and it comes out clean you are good to go. ENJOY!